Thursday, June 26, 2008

DAPPLED DUSK

I was surprised when I noticed that I was growing some gray hairs. I had a sleepless night on the day I first noticed it. I`m acquainted with the words, 'who wants to live forever?' The answer to that is that a lot of people now have the hope to live forever. But now, what do you think about premature ageing?

It is a common thing in this part of the world to hear that a child has a stunted growth. But what with that child also showing signs of growing before his time? This the common malady in Africa today. Is something about our diet? or could it be that the suffering is too much?

I don`t know why people have gray hairs before their thirties or why they should start looking haggard before forty. Really, I don`t think that I look bad the way I do now, only that just too skinny a bit for my liking. I don`t think that I have really treated my body too kindly as well, due to the early struggle i had to step up to in my life. I cope nicely anyway.

Still I sometimes wonder how old people really felt when they first noticed that they were old. I pay an undue attention to those folks at times because I wanna know what`s going on their mind as well their hearts. Sometimes I have seen some of them behave or speak like young people. I think that this is because of God-given abilities that most people don`t possess. And you know what, I admire them!

The anyone can do to have a better future is to consider the future with wisdom. What are we doing now that can be a source of headache in the future? Smoking, drinking, anger,addictions? What else? The fact is that many things that happen to old people are the results of what they grew up with.

Lastly, there are some things that must come with old age: wrinkles, poor eyesight,weakness in the organs, susceptibility to diseases. All these are very likely to affect even a person who is considered to possess good health. But no matter whta happens now, please watch your lifestyle now so as to prevent a lot aches in the future.

Peace.

No comments:

Can`t find what u looking 4?

Custom Search